2017: The Year of PersistenceMonday, January 09, 2017
I rarely do specific new year's resolutions. To me it's a little silly to wait until January 1 to start a new idea. If you have a goal, just start today. But, one thing I like to do, is keep a mentality for the year. Last year, I listed my mentality for the year as the word Gain.
Was I successful in this mentality?
If you look back at everything that happened, yes.
- I gained knowledge in what to do when your garden plants fail, get sick, get scorched, die, or don't produce.
- I gained more experience at work, and am adding more tasks to my resume.
- I'm teaching myself a valuable skill for future career moves.
- I have been working out and focusing on proper eating and supplements to help in gaining my strength, health, and mental health back.
- I've started minimizing my belongings and gaining more space and peace in the removal of them.
I feel like the bulk of the year I was stagnant or going in reverse, and then suddenly everything exploded into a big pile of learning. I hope to continue this momentum throughout the upcoming year. My main focus is to keep doing what I am doing. I'm very happy on this path, and I hope to see it through as the year goes on.
So, 2017, I dub thee the year of the word Persist.