Women Are Already Good Enough #4: On Success + Final ThoughtsMonday, January 25, 2016
SUCCESS + FEAR OF FAILURE
ASPIRATIONAL SHAME - THE PLAGUE OF WOMEN
BRIEF SYNOPSES OF COMMON ISSUES ON THE ROAD TO SUCCESS
Anxiety: living in the future.
Depression: living in the past.
Mindfulness: living in the present and being ok with the present.
FINAL ADVICETo end the panel, they each took turns giving advice, and while I didn't take notes on who said what, I did write down each little gem of wisdom gold.
- Leadership is about seeing you and seeing others. Drawing out who they are. Be comfortable with the idea of saying no.
- Eat, and sleep. Those are vital to success. Fight negative thoughts. Do not let them rule your day. You have to be willing to be wrong about your beliefs. They're not all true. Positive quotes and gratitude journals switch the gears in your mind. Affirmations of your accomplishments. You have a right to be happy and have a life and you're responsible to make those happen. Remove anything in life that isn't working for good. Fix it and do it differently.
- Do what you can do in the best way you know how and it is good enough.
- Self care. Self care. Self care.
- You have got to laugh. Otherwise it's just too serious out there.
FINAL QUESTIONSNow that we've been through the panel discussions in their entirety, I'll leave you with the two questions they left us with.
FULL PANEL DISCUSSION VIDEO: http://www.uen.org/news/article.php?id=670
1 / 2 / 3 ]